How to fix (or set up) the voicemail on your iPhone.
When it comes to making phone calls, nothing can leave one more in the dark than leaving a message on a voice mailbox that hasn’t been set up yet. However, if you happen to be in the dark in regards to setting up your voicemail, we’re going to walk you through the process to avoid confusion on your end. With this being said, here’s a look at how to set up your iPhone voicemail.
Setting Up Your iPhone Voicemail
By following this walkthrough, you’ll have your voicemail set up in no time. All you’ll need is your iPhone and a few spare minutes.
- Begin by tapping the Phone icon that is located on the home screen.
- Next, you’re going to touch the Voicemail tab that is located at the bottom right of your iPhone screen.
After pressing the Voicemail tab, all of the voicemails stored on your device will display. From here, you’re going to want to tapGreeting located in the top left. There will be two options located on the Greeting page: One option to utilize the default voicemail message and another to record a custom message.
If you’ve already created a custom voicemail on your iPhone, you can tap Play to see how your voicemail sounds. If you’re interested in creating a new message, tap the Custom button. From here, you can start recording your message by tapping Record and tapping Stop whenever you’re finished. Once you’re finished recording, tap on Play to make sure the message comes across as you’d like and hit Save (in the upper right) to save it as your voicemail.
If you don’t know what to say in your voicemail, here’s a few pointers to get you started:
- Make sure that you’re not yelling into the phone and the message is recorded in a somewhat quiet area.
- If the message is for work, try to keep it professional and avoid mistakes, if possible. If you’re working in retail, apologize for not picking up and note that you will call them back.
- Regardless of your occupation, try to keep the message short. It shouldn’t be longer than 25 seconds.
- If the voicemail is personal, feel free to leave a silly, short message that lets the caller know it’s you.
Considering the information above, setting up your voicemail isn’t as difficult as it may seem. If you’re still having issues, Bralin Technology Solutions is the trusted choice when it comes to staying ahead of the latest information technology tips, tricks, and news. Contact us at (306) 445-4881 or (306) 825-3881 or send us an email at email@example.com for more information.